Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gingerbread greetings

We arrived to Houston a couple of days ago, and I have had enough time to rest and recharge. We had a chance to make some gingerbread houses. I didn't know that the oven was broke until after the dough was made, so we baked the cookies in a miniature tabletop roaster oven. To my suprise they came out ok!
All the idleness has also given me time to finish the multifunction scarf that I was working on and a couple of hats. The scarf and hats turned out great. I made it out some soft alpaca yarn. The worry I had was that the yarn was not as thick as the pattern required, but I used thick needles, so it ended up being pretty loose, but big enough. I hope my mother in law will like it. I also made two aprons and a scrubs hat for my sister who is finishing up medschool. When they get a chance to try them on, I'll post some pictures. :)

Hope you all have time to relax and spend time with family! Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Finnfactor Design

Finnfactor Design