Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shrinky Dink Mania

We are planning a shrinky/dink-craft-get-together with the girls, so I wanted to find some inspiration before the pen hits the plastic. Above are keychains by Evie for mothersday; thats just around the corner... Here are some awesome little shrinky dink ideas:

I got this picture from Etsy a long time ago, but I dont remember the shop name. I'll do some research and try to post it later.

Cute little robots from the Little Lost Robot blog.

Jessica at How About Orange printed on her sheets from a printer to make these adorable tags.


I love Wee Wonderfuls from way back, and found that she also has a shrinky dink tutorial for some cute pins. I had to put two pictures...


Cute little dogtag idea from Making it Lovely. She also had a nice pink keychain.

The most awesome jewelry by Irina. I have to make something like this for myself.
Another place to get awesome shrinky dink jewelry is Fuzzy Bunny Shop on Etsy.
Before I make this post too long, I made a collage of some more pieces. There are so many people doing imaginative things with shrinky dinks its amazing and hard to choose! Going from top left corner clockwise:
Robot necklace from Luna 1375
DillonDesigns rings- I never even thought of that!
KaylaJane has really pretty charms and pendanst in her etsy store.
Passion Flower has cool cutouts.
DIY ice cream necklace with glitter and rhinestone for the younger kids out there.
Shrinky Dink Test Lab has a ton of great info on the product. Here are some wine glass markers.
I love everything that She Felt Pink has in her store. a lot of old tattoo design type of items.



I hope this post has a little bit of inspiration for everyone. I can't wait to get my hands on some plastic! I'll post some pictures of our creations next week. I know it is a new month, and I really need to do my give away, but its been crazy busy. I need to do that asap...

3 comments:

Sam said...

More lovely things!!
Sam xx

Dot said...

Hey! thanks for linking to Dabbled :)
I noticed you have an old link though, please update to:
http://dabbled.org/2008/07/shrinky-dinks-wrapup.html

thanks!

Mirka Hokkanen said...

Ok, I have changed the link. :)

Finnfactor Design

Finnfactor Design